When working with electricity the term shock or the phrase "getting shocked" means to have an accidental flow of electric current pass through your body. To prevent shock, work with insulated gloves and to prevent the transfer of a static shock – the transfer of static electricity – to your electrical components, wear a static wristband/bracelet. Static wristbands transfer any static charge your body might have to the gound through the cable attached to your wristband. When working with high voltage circuits, wear rubber gloves and rubber soled shoes. Avoid grounding your body, because you do not want the electrical current to run through your body.